- Detail Images
Customizable climbing skins.
The Backcountry x G3 Universal Climbing Skin & Tail Connector Kit allow you to customize the length of these climbing skins to fit any length of ski in your backcountry quiver. Where most climbing skins are sold at a set length that will fit a range of ski lengths, this climbing skin and tail connector combo will fit any length of ski you want to pair them with (just as long as they aren't a pair of old-school 220s) thanks to the included rivets and tail connector—just follow the included instructions and you'll be ready to set the skinner.
For improved glide and less grip, select a width that matches the narrowest point of your ski; for wall-to-wall coverage and improved grip, select a width that is slightly narrower than the widest point of your ski and trim the skin to match the shape of your ski.
- Exclusive Backcountry climbing skins fit any length of ski
- Self-aligning tips provide solid skin-to-ski fixation
- Sticky, non-toxic, and solvent-free glue retains grip over time
- Center strip makes it easier to pull skins apart during transitions
- Additional tail clip kit included to fit any length of ski
- Instructions included for hassle-free installation
- Skin savers are not included
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
With this package you'll receive a pair of fully in-tact skins with the tail clip attached that will fit a 189-199 ski. You'll also get the G3 tail connector kit, so you can cut the current tail clip off and use the kit to achieve the proper length skins. The instructions are super easy and the included skin tool is the best in the game.
Of all the skins I've used, these are my new favorite. They hold well on steep climbs and still pack down to a reasonable size. They glide better than any other 100% nylon skins I've used. The two tip attachments works better than one, larger, D-ring style tip attachment.