- 149cm, 157cm, 165cm
- [149cm] 118.5 / 86 / 102mm, [157cm] 120 / 86 / 103.5mm, [165cm] 121.5 / 86 / 105mm
- Turn Radius:
- [149cm] 15.1m, [157cm] 16.1m, [165cm] 17.2m
- early rise
- poplar wood
- Energy Backbone, carbon mesh
- Claimed Weight:
- [157, pair] 6lb 2.8oz
- Recommended Use:
- all-mountain skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 2 years
Vantage 86 C Ski
The Vantage 86 C situates itself as a middle waist width in the Vantage line to provide versatile performance that encourages you to start heading off into untracked snow, trees, and other variable terrain. The "C" in the name stands for carbon, more specifically the carbon mesh laminate. This unidirectional carbon fiber stiffens the ski from tip to tail without adding too much weight. This adds response and ensures control when the conditions get messy. This carbon mesh tag teams with the poplar core that continues to keep things lightweight and inspire confidence.
- All-mountain ski built for first off-piste experiences
- 86mm waist is quick edge to edge and stable in variable terrain
- Early rise in the tip eases turn transition, skips through snow
- Camber underfoot to the tail boosts edge hold and power
- Short turn radius encourages control in tight areas
- Carbon stiffens the flex, adds response, remains lightweight
- Full sidewall construction and wood core adds stability
- Sintered base easily skips across flat spots and cat tracks
Recommended Sizing Guide
Your ski size is largely determined by both your skiing ability and your preffered style of skiing. For example, an expert skier on in Vermont will ski a far different ski than an expert in British Columbia. So take a look at our chart and explanations and find your perfect fit. Your weight also plays a large factor in finding the right ski. If you are either under or over average weight for your height consider downsizing or upsizing, respectively.
|Big-Mountain Freeride||Backcountry Jib||All-Mountain||Park & Pipe||All-Mountain Carve|
|Pro||172cm +||172cm +||172cm +||168cm +||172cm +|
|Expert||165cm +||165cm +||165cm +||168cm +||165cm +|
|Intermediate||160 - 170cm||160 - 170cm||160 - 170cm||160 - 170cm||160 - 170cm|
|Entry Level||N/A||N/A||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm|
SKILL LEVEL EXPLANATIONS
Pro: Excels on any terrain, on any snow condition. Enjoys high speeds.
Expert: Comfortable on any terrain and most snow conditions.
Intermediate: Comfortable on Blue trails, exploring Black trails.
Entry Level: Learning to ski Green and Blue trails.
SKIING STYLE EXPLANATIONS
Big-Mountain Freeride: High speeds, deep powder, steep lines, straightlining, chutes, cliffs.
Backcountry Jib: Backcountry kickers, hucking, twintips, deep powder.
All-Mountain: From bumps to back bowls, groomers to glades; everything and anywhere on the mountain.
Park & Pipe: De-tuned edges and buttery twin tips, occasionally pole-impaired.
All-Mountain Carve: Stiff. High-speed corduroy cutter. For those blind to SLOW signs.