- Detail Images
All about efficiency.
You move through the mountains like a well oiled machine—smooth, speedy, and efficient. It's in part because of that impressive, terrain-crushing engine you've got under the hood, but it's also got a bit to do with those Atomic Backland UL 78 Skis and Hybrid Skins underfoot.
These ultralight 78mm race skis were built for speed both up and down, with a wood core that keeps things light on the skintrack and stabilizing carbon inserts for power on the way back down. The early rise tip makes for easy turn initiation, with a short, zippy turn radius that keeps these planks maneuverable and responsive when you're picking your way through a tight entrance. Atomic's Hybrid skins are pre-cut to your Backlands, so you don't have to waste any precious time before you get out there and crush the competition.
- Ultra-light skis to stay ahead of the competition
- 78mm waist is uphill-oriented
- Early rise tip eases turn initiation
- Camber underfoot lets you carve through firm snow
- Wood core is strong yet super light
- Carbon inserts add stability and enhance power transfer
- Short turn radius is zippy and maneuverable
- Included Hybrid skins are pre-cut to your skis
- Q & A
move fast, ski technical
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Love these skis. While seemingly more of a hybrid race ski, it skis far more like your standard 95mm underfoot touring ski. While less underfoot, there is plenty of camber to easily pop you in and out of your turns and carbon stringers to provide the stability and stiffness you need on those technical lines.