Arbor Angusta Splitboard Climbing Skins
- 70% mohair, 30% nylon
- Tip Attachment:
- Tail Attachment:
- [Arbor Snowboards] Iguchi Pro Splitboard, Coda Splitboard, Swoon Splitboard
- trim to fit (universal)
- Case Included:
- Claimed Weight:
- Recommended Use:
- backcountry snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 3 years
Angusta Splitboard Climbing Skins
Arbor's newest addition to their backcountry line, the Angusta Skins work solely with the Iguchi Pro, Coda, and Swoon splitboards, and use a 70/30 mohair and nylon blend that optimizes uphill grip while maintaining downhill glide for top-tier touring performance. They're trim-to-fit, so one size fits all, and they come with an included case that neatly stores them at the end of your day.
- Climbing skins for Arbor's Coda, Swoon, and Iguchi Pro
- Mohair blend offers optimal grip going up and glide going down
- Glue-free adhesive upholds a strong connection with base
- Included case offers easy, protective storage
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The skins might be the easiest to set up skins I've used. The instructions were perfect for dialing in the fit onto my swallowtail board.
The plush is very light and glides very well. While I didn't notice any failure in traction but that could be all technique. The skins have a soft feel and are very easy to fold or roll up between laps.
The only down side is I've noticed in cold conditions that fresh snow can stick to the tacky side. But holding them in my jacket prevented any sort of problem.
I'd highly suggest these for anyone wanting to go light with a focus on gliding over traction.
Despite what the description says, these will fit all splitboards.