Koda 3 Tent: 3-Person 3-Season
The new for 2019 ALPS Mountaineering Koda 3 Tent: 3-Person 3-Season is inspired by ALPS's best-selling Taurus tent to provide you with a fully featured, high quality tent for backpacking or weekend camping trips with friends or family. What sets the Koda apart from the Taurus is its half mesh walls that ensure you and your two tent mates keep comfortable through muggy summer nights while the full-coverage fly keeps everyone protected from late spring rain showers. To further enhance weather protection, ALPS coated and factory seam sealed the fly and floor and added waterproof fly buckles to help keep you, your friends, and your gear dry. The lightweight poles, quick assembly, and roomy vestibules make the tent an easy choice when you arrive at the campsite after the sun sets.
- Freestanding 2 pole tent for backpacking trips spring through fall
- Pole clips easily snap into place for quick assembly in the dark
- Half mesh walls allow for optimal ventilation on warm summer nights
- Full-coverage fly provides protection in fall and spring showers
- Factory sealed seams on the fly and floor keep moisture at bay
- Vestibules allow you to conveniently store your gear out of storms
- Mesh storage pockets and gear loft accommodate smaller necessities
- Easy-to-use large #8 zippers hold up to multiple seasons of use
Koda 3 person review
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
While I LOVE my Alps Chaos 2, I would recommend you buy that tent or any other Alps model with that better floor. The KODA floor will have water seep through...not a ton, but enough to make me irritated. The windows in the fly, not a fan, unless you and your significant other can be certain no one else is around to peek in. The ventilation is less than the Chaos, which will be helpful when I camp in the upper 30's or lower 40's....but it isn't helpful when it is hot at night like 70+. Doors and zippers are great, design and workmanship are great, still Loving Alps...just be aware of the floor, to find a ground cloth, and trench around your tent if it will rain.