Koda 3 Tent: 3-Person 3-Season
The new for 2019 ALPS Mountaineering Koda 3 Tent: 3-Person 3-Season is inspired by ALPS's best-selling Taurus tent to provide you with a fully featured, high quality tent for backpacking or weekend camping trips with friends or family. What sets the Koda apart from the Taurus is its half mesh walls that ensure you and your two tent mates keep comfortable through muggy summer nights while the full-coverage fly keeps everyone protected from late spring rain showers. To further enhance weather protection, ALPS coated and factory seam sealed the fly and floor and added waterproof fly buckles to help keep you, your friends, and your gear dry. The lightweight poles, quick assembly, and roomy vestibules make the tent an easy choice when you arrive at the campsite after the sun sets.
- Freestanding 2 pole tent for backpacking trips spring through fall
- Pole clips easily snap into place for quick assembly in the dark
- Half mesh walls allow for optimal ventilation on warm summer nights
- Full-coverage fly provides protection in fall and spring showers
- Factory sealed seams on the fly and floor keep moisture at bay
- Vestibules allow you to conveniently store your gear out of storms
- Mesh storage pockets and gear loft accommodate smaller necessities
- Easy-to-use large #8 zippers hold up to multiple seasons of use
- Q & A
Am I correct in assuming the Koda 3 is the same tent as the Lynx 3?
Hey Andrei, yes you are correct. If you have any other questions feel free to chat in or call a Gearhead.
Does this model have a footprint associated with it? Does it need one? Will another ALPS Mountaineering footprint fit this model tent?
It doesn't look like Alps makes a specific footprint for this model.
That page shows all of their footprints, but it doesn't look like any of them will fit this tent.
If you look at the specs, it seems that the Koda 3 is the same exact tent as the Lynx 3, and Backcountry is selling a lynx3 footprint. Ironically, ALPS website doesn't have a Lynx specific footprint, just a generic 3 person tent footprint.