- Detail Images
For mountain life.
Tailored to the needs of the mountain lifestyle, the Alps & Meters Men's Alpine Guide Sweater is made with a combination of high-quality lambswool and nylon, making this vintage-inspired piece ideal for on-mountain and around-town wear. The knit construction is soft, breathable, and insulating, allowing the sweater to be worn either on its own or beneath a shell on snowy days, while the waxed canvas shoulders increase durability and water resistance. The pockets are designed to repel moisture to protect contents from moisture when you're on the mountain, and ribbed elbows are specifically designed to promote mobility and increase the sweater's durability. The regular fit has that classic look and feel that works so well both on and off the mountain, and the streamlined sleeves help give the Alpine Guide a slim look and reduce bulk when worn as a midlayer.
- A mountain-ready sweater for skiing and outdoor wear
- Lambswool blend is soft, insulating, and breathable
- British Millerain waxed canvas shoulders resist wear
- Water-resistant pockets protect contents from moisture
- Ribbed elbows increase durability and mobility
- Classic fit with form-fitting cuffs with thumbholes
- Alps & Meters specializes in vintage-inspired ski wear
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: Large
Thanks to the first reviewer, I sized it up and it fit just right. I am usually a medium but large fits real well. Nice design (bought the gray sweater) and touches. The lambswool isn't as soft as I would like - still itchy - something to note.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: medium
I had the opportunity to wear this around the office for a week or so, and was very impressed. Most impressive was the amount of compliments I received and the amount of questions I received as to the ability to procure an Alps and Meters sweater for their own use! This sweater fits slim, so I would recommend going true to size if you are looking for that lean look, or going up one size if you are wanting to wear a layer underneath and like the fit to be a bit longer.