Zipp Tangente SL Speed Tire - Tubular
Select Style & SizeSelect options
- 700 c x 24 mm, 700 c x 27 mm
- puncture protection belt
- [700c x 24mm] 116 - 145, [700c x 27mm] 102 - 145
- Claimed Weight:
- [700c x 24mm] 265 g, [700c x 27mm] 275 g
- Recommended Use:
- road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 2 years
Tangente SL Speed Tire
The name Zipp usually brings to mind spinning hoops of dimpled, aerodynamic speed. What you might not know is that the company also makes some fast tires. While its early tire offerings were focused almost solely on aerodynamics, the updated Tangente line takes that attention to wind-slicing speed and adds in a big dose of low rolling resistance and confident cornering with a new casing and tread compound. The Tangente SL Speed Tubular Tire sits atop the Tangente line as a race-specific tire best suited for fair weather and dry roads.
The SL Speed tub utilizes a super plush 320 TPI casing made from a mix of cotton and latex for a supple ride and confident road feel. Zipp incorporates a carefully guarded rubber compound for exceptional grip to rail corners and jump on the attack, and a puncture protection belt helps to reduce the potential for race-ending flats. To cap things off, these tires feature a tread pattern that Zipp claims is designed to optimize aerodynamics.
While we haven't independently verified this, we're not prepared to second guess a manufacturer whose name is largely synonymous with aerodynamic speed. We also recognize that every advantage counts when you're running on fumes, the pack is closing, and the line is still several hundred meters off. The tires are finished with Zipp's aluminum valve stem and removable core.
- Feel the suppleness of tubular tires while sprinting to the line
- Dominant tracking in the corners at race-pace
- Time-trial ready rolling resistance for effortless speed
- Cotton and latex casing reduces punctures and smooths the ride
- Aerodynamically optimized tread pattern for next-level efficiency