- Detail Images
Y & Y's belay glasses are quickly becoming an essential for any climber who doesn't want a kinked neck at the climbing crag, so Y & Y wanted to give a little love to the belayers with glasses. The Clip Up clips to most glasses and sunglasses so four-eyed faces—updated to six-eyed status—can look straight ahead while belaying. The Clip Up has an advantage than Y & Y's original belay glasses because you can flip them out of the way whenever you don't want the prism convenience.
- Belay lenses clip to most glasses for four-eyed belayers
- Prism lenses mirror the climber above so belayers can look ahead
- Clip Up flips up or down to stay out of sight when needed
- Includes case, carabiner, and silicone grips for glasses
- Q & A
fantastic for glasses-wearers
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've been in love with these since the day I got them.
The benefits of belay glasses are obvious, but I could never stand to wear them because I wear prescription glasses, and the weight of those prisms way out on the end of my nose was just too much. With these things though, you just clip 'em right on, and you're good to go. If you need to get full vision back, you can leave them clipped and just rotate them up out of the way. Plus, since they're smaller than full belay glasses, the carrying case is smaller so they take up less space if left clipped to your harness.