- Detail Images
Outlast the crowds.
Some of the best waves usually come with seriously gnarly weather, but the XCEL Hawaii Women's 5/4 Hooded Wetsuit is fully equipped to deal with high winds, cold water, and stormy skies. A thick, 5/4mm neoprene has wind-resistant Texture Skin technology on the torso to keep you warm during the storm, and the TDC Thermo Dry Celliant lining makes the second session of the day more palatable. Not to mention, a minimal seam design offers irritation-free surfing.
Of course, the seams are also decked out with glued, blindstitched, and pressure-taped Thermo Dry seam tape for serious durability, waterproofing, and warmth, while the ankles and wrist have NexSkin seals to prevent flushing—so you don't get chilly when you'd really rather be toasty. Getting into and out of this suit is also simple as can be, with an easy-entry, X2 chest zip that comes with a SmoothSkin seal, pull cord lock, and snap to triple-team any water that tries to sneak in or out. The crossover helps block even more water, and the DuraFlex knee panels, as well as the behind-the-knee Flex Grooves provide tons of flexibility for unobstructed movement when you're chasing those spring and fall waves.
- Warmth and performance for the coldest surf sessions
- GBS seams with Thermo Dry tape limit water entry
- Watertight X2 chest zip entry for excellent stretch and comfort
- Two-part SmoothSkin hem seal forms a more complete seal
- TDC (Thermo Dry Celiant) torso lining retains and recycles body heat
- UltraStretch neoprene provides great warmth and flexibility
- Texture Skin chest panel blocks wind
- Drylock wrist seals and inner Nexskin seals minimize flushing
- Q & A
Rad for Lake Superior Temps
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 12
For my first dive into surfing in the frigid temperatures of Lake Superior, I had to do my research. I ended on this suit, and happy I did! I don't know much about wetsuits or how to compare them, but as far as I know from a noobies perspective, I was warm and happy.