Pull the compact Toko Express Tuner Kit out of your ski bag and quickly touch up the edges on your skis. This versatile little edge tool includes a guide that can hold either a file for setting edge angle or a diamond file for more refined touch-up work. The whole kit stashes easily inside a backpack or ski bag so you can take it with you when you travel.
- Kit includes plastic file guide, 40mm Express Tuner file, and a coarse diamond file
- File guide allows for 88- or 87 degree edge angles when used with the Express Tuner file
- Coarse diamond file touches up damaged edge areas and removes flash hardening caused by striking rocks or other solid debris
- Q & A
Tricky, But It Works
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
As Tyster said, it can be tricky to keep the file aligned. But, as long as you're careful, it works well.
Edge file keeps popping out
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I didn't have this problem with the diamond stone that was included.
Yet the edge file keeps popping out of the holder while sharpening.
Small, cheap and yes, portable.
But if you want to sharpen the bevels, I would spend more and get myself a better sharpener.
As for diamond stoning, this does the job quite well.
If I want to tune my edge with the 88...
If I want to tune my edge with the 88 degree bevel, do I orient the tool so that the 88 faces the ski, or so it faces me? Thanks!