- Detail Images
Hit the open road.
This summer, mount your road bike onto the roof and head for wide open stretches of tarmac free of relentless traffic and noise with the Thule Sprint XT Fork Mount Carrier securing your cargo. Fitting cleanly and without drama over factory and Thule crossbars, the Sprint XT can be installed without tools. It uses a ratcheting straps to secure your rear wheel and clicks when you reach the ideal tightness to make sure your bike is safely secured ahead of your journey. Whether you're driving an hour out of town or 12 hours away, your bike will be as ready to ride as you are when you get there.
- Head out of town with your road bike mounted safely
- Telescoping wheel tray improves hatch clearance
- Aluminum is corrosion-resistant for all-weather longevity
- Ratcheting wheel strap secures back wheel
- AcuTight knob clicks when bike is secured tightly enough
- Compatible with thru-axles with separate adapter
- Q & A
This is definitely for road bikes
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This rack does exactly what it says it does which is carry road bikes. If it is your intention to carry a mountain bike sometimes or any heavy bike for that matter I would not recommend this rack. The anchor straps are made of a tough yet flexible material which makes installation easy but lets heavy bikes sway back and forth. I was in a bind and used it to carry a mountain bike a short distance and the whole way the bike was wobbling around like a wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man.
Other than that its great.