Tackle all the trails on your to-do list.
Hiking throughout spring means walking through early morning dewy brush and patches of snow when you approach the peak, and rising temperatures as you make your way back to the trailhead. The North Face's Ultra GTX Surround Boot is built for days like these when you need waterproof protection with ventilation to keep you cool. Made with Gore-Tex's most breathable technology with a rugged mesh material that provides you with performance ventilation as high-noon approaches, this construction is made for warm yet wet weather. The FlashDry Collar lining wicks moisture away from the skin and is quick-drying so your feet stay dry and comfortable for an irritation-free experience. Orthopedic-quality footbed provides comfort from trailhead to peak and back again while the dual-density Cradle Guide and Ultra Protect works to give you proper heel positioning and a responsive fit. All supported by Vibram's Megagrip sole to give you sticky traction on varied terrain for all the trails on your list this year.
- Rugged hiking shoe ready for tough and wet conditions
- Gore-Tex Surround is top-of-the-line waterproofing and breathability
- Durable mesh material offers ample ventilation in summer heat
- Quick-drying and moisture-wicking lining keep you dry inside
- Orthopedic footbed provides quality long-lasting comfort
- Performance midsole is designed to give responsive positioning
- Vibram Megagrip sole gives sticky traction on varied terrain
- Q & A
Surround= game changer!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I tested these shoes out in a demo and loved them! Usually when it comes to gore tex shoes/boots, I am not a fan. They are stiff and don't feel super breathable for a while so you end up just feeling muggy inside your shoe and and an uncomfortably stiff feeling. But the new Gore Tex Surround technology is a game changer when it comes to Gore Tex shoes/boots!! I highly recommend any footwear that has this waterproofing.
These feel super lightweight and comfortable on to walk around in for miles. They keep your feet dry and most of all, breathe super super well!! These feel like they aren't waterproof shoes almost with how flexible they are, but knowing they are makes it that much better!
I highly recommend these for anyone who needs some good breathability in their shoes with the added benefit of waterproofing & comfort.