- Detail Images
Warmth and mobility.
As part of the The North Face’s Summit Series, the Women’s Summit L3 Down Hooded Jacket bolsters a hardwearing design that can withstand the extremes found on high-elevation summits. This particular jacket packs a punch when it comes to heating your core without weighing you down when you’re on a multi-week expedition through sub-zero temperatures, high velocity winds, and thick snowfall.
Filled with heavyweight goose down insulation, the Summit L3 Down Hooded Jacket is the ultimate high alpine midlayer because it acts as your uniform’s heat-trapping layer, but still collapses down to a sensible size for your backpack. The nylon outer shell is hemmed with stretch knit cuffs for unimpeded range of motion while you’re climbing ice-covered walls and finished with a durable water-repellent that sheds moisture as you can hang tough on a snowy belay. A pre-tensioned hood fits securely over your climbing helmet and face so that the fabric moves with you as you move your neck. And the drawcord that adjusts the hem creates a tight seal around your waist to prevent cold drafts from sneaking in as you set an anchor or break camp.
- A durable high alpine midlayer with heavyweight natural insulation
- DWR-finish sheds light snow and moisture for extra water protection
- 800-fill goose down packs a punch when heating your core
- Packs down into the portable sized hand pocket for warmer temps
- Helmet-compatible hood features an elastic binding to stay put
- Hem adjusts to a tight seal by pulling drawcords hidden in pockets