- Detail Images
Don't put her in a box.
So she's a ripper and a lady, eh? Just because she beats her brothers to the bottom of each run doesn't mean she shuns a little style. The North Face Girls' Leighli Hooded Insulated Jacket has a waterproof membrane and fully sealed seams that keep her riding through the storm in a dry cocoon, and every inch is packed with toasty insulation, so she's warm from the top of her head to the tips of her fingers. She's a big fan of the fun twist on purple, but she's also a fan of the added features. The snowskirt keeps powder out of her pants when she takes a nosedive into some fresh snow, the media-compatible pocket strings her tunes right to her ears, a pass pocket means she's not wrestling around for her pass every time she goes through the gates, and the included goggle cloth come in handy during the lift ride, so she can keep her eyes on the prize.
- Technical shell for some comfortable style on the slopes
- Dryvent membrane offers waterproof, breathable performance
- Body mapped insulation combines core warmth with active mobility
- Stretch cuffs and snow skirt keeps wet powder from sneaking in
- Adjustable hood can be removed on blue-bird groomer days
- Incorporated google cloth clears things up on the lift
- Pass and media pocket provided added convenience
- Drop-tail hem provides additional coverage on cold lift chairs
- Q & A
Warm but bulky
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: XS
I ordered this jacket and the Freedom pants for my 5 yr old after she outgrew her toddler sized gear from last year. She loves the soft furry lining and the stretchy interior sleeves with the thumb holes to keep snow out of her mittens. It's got a ton of other great features and pockets, just like the "grown-up" jackets, but the downside of that is it makes the jacket a bit bulkier and heavier than the toddler gear. It will definitely keep her warm though, and it does include the grow fit stitches in the sleeves, so hopefully we can get two full seasons out of it. She's above average height/weight for a 5 yr old and the XS fits her well with room to grow.