- Detail Images
- Community Images
Safety for the water and shapely for the body, does it get much better?
Rather than repackage its men's PFD with some pastel colors and call it a women's model, Stohlquist gave the Cruiser Life Jacket a smaller cut, a shortened torso, and supportive inner cups. Wouldn't it be nice to paddle in a PFD that truly complements your physique? Neoprene-padded shoulder straps and a lower back waistband make it comfortable to wear the Cruiser over a swimsuit whether you're in your touring kayak or your sit-on-top paddler.
- Adjustable straps on the chest, shoulders, and sides provide the customization and low-profile fit you need for uninhibited paddling
- Neoprene padding on the shoulders and lower back shield your salty skin from getting chafed by the straps
- Front zipper yields easy on-off and quick cool-downs in flat water
- Tough 500D Cordura nylon outer shell withstands abuse while the softer 200D oxford liner takes it easy on bare skin
- Open sides aid ventilation during hot summer tours around the jetty
- Two zippered bellows pockets include drainage and stash a snack or waterproof camera
- 3M reflective details on the front and back keep you in the sights of larger-craft captains in low light and fog
- A four-way lash tab on the back shoulder for attaching a light or other accessory
- Q & A
Lots of flotation, and does not ride up
I purchased this vest to use for windsurfing. Most other vests ride up and almost cover my eyes and ears while in the water. This one has excellent flotation, roomy pockets, is very adjustable, and comfortable for women. It is definitely well designed and well made. However, I am only 5'1", and even though this vest is short in length, it interfered with my windsurfing harness and I had to return it. This company also has excellent customer service.
love this PFD - great fit for women
I am 5'7" 128lbs 34d - was on the fence about sizes but after reading other reviews so happy I ordered the xs/s - it's a great fit, very comfortable and love the cut outs for women and great adjustments that are easy to use. Would highly recommend
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I took a chance and ordered this without finding one in a local store to try on. I'm glad I did! This PFD is very comfortable. I'm 5'3" and this fits my torso well and I don't feel like my chin is resting on my PFD (like I did in my old PFD). The women's design is great and makes for a much more comfortable day out in the kayak.
I'm not super big all over (usually wear a size 10) but I have a 36DD chest and have been hunting for a pfd that will fit the girls but the rest of me won't be swimming in. Would the "plus" in this fit the bill? My actual bust measurement is about 41".
A Real Maine Adventure
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I have been kayaking for a good part of my life and have never enjoyed a life vest as much as this one. It truly is designed to fit women. I feel free to paddle in the beautiful state in which I live and know that this vest will keep me safe.
I highly recommend it!
A Good Deal
This is a good entry-level PFD for a good price. Even if you just need an extra for the occasionally-paddles-friend the Cruiser is a good choice. It takes a few uses to break in the padding (especially being a lady) but the PFD is comfy, and easy to swim and paddle in.