Summer Moon 3 Tent
Backpacking trips with your best friends or loved one is pretty easy with the Sierra Designs Summer Moon 3 Tent. At around four-and-a-half pounds, it's light weight garners few complaints when passed around during travel, and while there might be even lighter models out there, you can't beat the low cost and light weight combination. It takes seconds to insert the two equal length poles into the corner grommets, and easy clips along the top make setup so simple you have more time to focus on a delicious camp-fire meal or relaxing exploration.
The fly on the Summer Moon 3 features a unique design. While the front side offers a full-coverage vestibule that keeps additional gear dry during a storm, the back is shortened for reduced weight. Where the fly ends, however, waterproof nylon on the tent begins, so there won't be soaked sleeping bags when the wind starts blowing the rain into a frenzy. A generous mesh panel on the body offers ventilation on hot nights, and plenty of viewing room for that gorgeous harvest moon. If the night's overcast, fear not—a Night Glow bag attaches to the tent ceiling, so you can still light things up with your headlamp or flashlight.
- 3-person tent for shoulder seasons and the in-between
- Spacious vestibule and interior for imperfect weather
- Fully-sealed seams protect you and your gear from rain
- Two-pole design for quick and easy setup at camp
- Night Glow accessory adds soft light from your headlamp
- Large D-shaped door creates easy entry and exit