Shimano 105 ST-R7020 STI Shifter Set
Select Style & SizeSelect options
- resin, steel
- Crankset Compatibility:
- Compatible Components:
- Shimano 11-speed road
- Claimed Weight:
- [pair] 610g
- Recommended Use:
- commuting, cyclocross, gravel, road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year
105 ST-R7020 STI Shifter Set
Shimano always does a masterful job of trickling down its technology through its lineup and its 105 ST-R7020 STI Shifter Set is no exception. Borrowing heavily from its Ultegra R8020 and Dura-Ace R9120 mechanical shifting and hydraulic braking levers, the R7020 is the self-sponsoring racer's best friend. Shifting and braking operation and performance is ever so close to its top-tier offerings, however, it swaps out the more exotic materials for more cost-effective ones that result in a little bit of weight gain, yet saves a bunch of money in the process.
The hoods receive refined ergonomics for more comfort and its reach adjustment has increased up to 15mm, providing better control by customizing the distance of the levers to the bars. These levers feature a redesigned internal shift mechanism that’s responsible for slimmer, more ergonomically shaped controls that mirror that of Ultegra R8020. This update also helps improve the quickness and lightness of the shifting, coming close to that of DA and Ultegra. It's recommended to pair these dual control levers with R7000-series derailleurs for the best performance.
As impressive as the shift quality is, equally pleasing is the braking you'll experience, although you'll need to provide your own calipers. The system uses earth-friendly mineral oil, and its recommended to use with Ice Technology pads and 140 or 160mm rotors (sold separately) to confidently scrub speed on any descent.
- 105 hydro braking and mechanical shifting balance performance and value
- Power and modulation offers control on the tarmac or gravel
- Lever ergonomics are improved over the previous generation
- Reach Adjustments of up to 15mm reach offers a customized setup
- Same light shifting operation as top-tier Ultegra and Dura-Ace
- Includes shift cable and housing
- Rotors, calipers, and brake adapters not included