Some brands offer a protective cover for your kayak's cockpit, but the Sea To Summit Gear Trip Cockpit Cover provides that and a secure spot to store your smaller paddling essentials during storage or transport.
- PU-coated, durable nylon fends off moisture, dirt, and small debris to keep it out of your boat's interior
- Massive curved, water-tight zipper secures contents
- Grippy rand and half-inch shock cord secure the cover to the cockpit rim
- Front pull tab works just like a safety loop on your skirt to make removal easy and acts as a handle to carry or store the cover
- Mesh sides of the storage area allow air to circulate so damp gear can dry
- Q & A
Doesn't fit my cockpit
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I like the idea of having a mesh bag that I can drop in my cockpit to save room on long drives to/from the river.
Sadly this bag (sizeM/L) is not a secure fit in my cockpit (Jackson Super Star 36"x 19"). I can just squeeze it on but it takes a lot of pulling and stretching, and it feels like it's going to pop off any moment.
Lacking the strap that many cockpit covers have to secure the load around the boat, I wouldn't feel safe leaving this on a boat on the roof.