The Scott Men's Road RC Ultimate Shoe is made for the cyclist that spends every last second scrutinizing component and apparel choices, from dialing in their carbon drop bars to picking out the perfect helmet for racing and training efforts. As such, you'll find the Road RC Ultimate occupies one of the top spots in Scott's line of cycling footwear with its ultra-stiff HMX carbon sole, Carbitex upper for unwavering support, and Boa IP-1 dials for a micro-adjustable fit.
Looking at the shoe's upper, you'll find Carbitex is unusual in that it employs structural carbon to fortify support and stiffness, so that every available watt of energy is transmitted into forward-blazing acceleration. This upper is incredibly lightweight as well, helping to keep the shoe in the neighborhood of 255 grams. Because it's not the most breathable of materials, Scott places breathable mesh along the Carbitex to increase airflow.
Placing power to the pedals, the HMX carbon sole is about as stiff as it gets with a 10/10 rating on Scott's power index. Not only is it incredibly stiff like you'd expect, it's also exceedingly lightweight with its Corecell foam insert that shaves excess weight. This foam sole insert requires painstaking attention to detail, proving just how far Scott is willing to go, just to shave a few grams from this pair of cycling shoes. However, the proof lies in the shoe's tenacious power transfer and feathery feel that's sure to please the elite ranks of professional racers and competitive cyclists alike.
- Elite road shoe for discerning cyclists and pros alike
- Stiffness rating of 10/10 for excellent power transmission
- HMX carbon sole with Corecell foam insert to shave weight
- Dual Boa IP-1 dials provide a secure, micro-adjustable fit
- Carbitex upper with structural carbon for increased support
- Breathable mesh inserts placed where ventilation is needed
- ErgoLogic footbeds with adjustable arch and metatarsal support
|US MEN||US WOMEN||EU||UK||CM|