Move quickly through the mountains.
Whether you're in it to win it or busting out big days in the alpine, Scarpa's new Alien RS Alpine Touring Boot blends the speed and efficiency you'd want out of a race boot with a broader backcountry application. The carbon-infused Grilamid shell is ultralight, yet incredibly tough, and features a heat-moldable Intuition liner, because you better have your fit dialed when you're shattering records or crushing multiple peaks in a day.
Unlike most featherlight race boots, the Alien RS still holds its own on the downhill. That's not to say that these are the kicks you want when you're surfing spines or charging through the steep and deep, but thanks to the 3D Lambda Torsion Frame that delivers solid boot-to-ski power transmission, you'll feel stable and confident enough to rip that gnarly coulie you just sprinted up. The 72-degree range of motion in walk mode lets you fly up the skinner like someone lit a fire under your ass, and the Boa closure system offers a snug and secure fit. The zippered, waterproof gaiter seals out snow while you're setting a bootpack through cruddy slush, and Vibram soles give you the traction you need to keep a cool head while you're traversing icy ridges or scrambling over scree fields.
- Lightweight skimo boot for racing or big missions
- Carbon-infused Grilamid shell is ultralight yet durable
- 95 flex offers solid performance during the descent
- 99mm balances comfort with performance
- Heat-moldable Intuition liner offers a custom fit
- 72-degree range of motion in walk mode maximizes uphill efficiency
- Waterproof gaiter seals out snow
- Vibram rubber soles offer traction on icy traverses