STEEP & CHEAP SWEEPSTAKES
Sponsored by Steep & Cheap, a division of Backcountry.com, LLC, 1678 Redstone Center Drive, #210, Park City, UT 84098 (“Sponsor”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win the Steep & Cheap Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). A purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
1. Sweepstakes Schedule:
Sweepstakes begins October 1, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. MST and ends December 31, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. MST (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. How To Enter.
To enter the Sweepstakes, entrants must do the following:
- Complete the Steep & Cheap Entry Form (“Entry Form”), available here. Entrants must enter their email address when prompted and sign up to receive promotional emails from Steepandcheap.com.
Entrants must not subscribe to Steep & Cheap promotional emails prior to entering the Sweepstakes.
All entries must be submitted no later than the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants are limited to one entry per person.
Open only to permanent legal residents of the United States who are 25 years of age or older, excluding residents of Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island, overseas military installations, Puerto Rico, the District of Columbia, and other U.S. Territories. One entry per person.
The following persons are NOT eligible to enter the Sweepstakes:
- Employees, officers, or directors of Backcountry, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, related companies, agencies, or prize suppliers;
- Independent contractors of Backcountry;
- Any member of the immediate family (parent, child, sibling, spouse) of any person in either of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live; and
- Any member of the same household of any person in categories (a) or (b), whether related or not.
4. Grant of Rights to Sponsors upon Entry.
In exchange for the opportunity to enter Sweepstakes, as good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged:
- Entrant agrees to be enrolled in the Sponsor’s broader marketing efforts through email or direct mail. Entrants may unsubscribe or adjust their communication preferences under their Backcountry.com account settings.
5. Selection of Winner.
On the second Friday of each month, one (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing (the “Drawing”) from among all eligible entries received. There will be a total of twelve (12) Drawings over the course of the Sweepstakes. There will be a total of twelve (12) winners, one per Drawing.
The Drawings will be conducted by representatives of Sponsor whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Winners may be required to sign a declaration of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Prizes may be awarded to alternate winners if declarations/releases are not completed at the time that prizes are awarded. Winners agree to use of name, address, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
6. Notification & Verification of Winner.:
Potential winners will be notified via email, phone or mail using the contact information given at the time of entry. Sponsors are not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants.
A potential winner must respond to the Sponsors within seven (7) calendar days or his/her/their prize will be forfeited.
Potential winners will receive a Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where lawful) via email which must be completed, signed and returned within five (5) business days of transmission. (An electronic signature or affirmation on each will have the same legal effect as an actual hand-signed document.)
If a potential winner does not sign the declaration and release requirements, if a potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason, or if the Sponsors determine that a potential winner is ineligible or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, he/she/they will be disqualified and forfeit the prize without compensation of any kind. In case of prize forfeiture, an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received via random drawing as set forth above.
7.Prize/Odds of Winning.
One (1) monthly winner, selected at random, will be awarded a $200 gift certificate to be used on Steepandcheap.com (“Sweepstakes Winner”).
Single prize ARV: $200.00 USD
Total Sweepstakes ARV: $2,400.00 USD
Prizes are digital. The Sponsors will email instructions for redemption to the email address provided by prize winners on their entry form.
The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received each month.
Additional Prize Restrictions:
- Prizes are not transferable, refundable, or returnable for cash.
- Unspecified expenses in conjunction with acceptance and use of prize elements are the winner’s sole responsibility.
- Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
Where legal, by accepting the Prize, the Sweepstakes Winner agrees that the Sponsor may use his/her/their name, likeness, photo, voice, biographical information, image and other indicia of his/her/their persona/identity in perpetuity for advertising and marketing without further compensation or notice.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, divisions, related companies and subsidiaries, prize suppliers, and the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations from any and all liability arising from the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, receipt or use/misuse of the prizes or any element thereof. The preceding includes but is not limited to damage to a mobile device (or information/data stored thereon) used by the entrant to participate in the Sweepstakes or for winners to access the prizes.
9. Conditions of Participation.
Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are late, lost, garbled, incomplete, inaccessible/blocked, corrupted, jumbled, misdirected, delayed or damaged, regardless of cause, all of which are void; for technological, programming, electronic, or other errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind which interfere with the advertising/offering of the Sweepstakes in any respect.
TAMPERING WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INTERFERING WITH THE INTENDED OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, SEEKING TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR VIOLATING THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION, IF APPLICABLE. ANY PERSON DETERMINED TO BE ENGAGED IN SUCH ACTIVITIES MAY BE PROHIBITED FROM PARTICIPATION IN FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES OR CONTESTS SPONSORED BY BACKCOUNTRY.
10. Dispute Resolution/Choice of Law.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrant agrees that:
- Any disputes regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be governed by the law of the State of Utah without regard to choice of law or conflict of law rules of the State of Utah or of any other jurisdiction;
- Entrant is subject to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the District of Utah (situated in Salt Lake City) or Utah state court situated in Salt Lake County, Utah;
- Any action will be brought by entrant individually, not as part of a class action;
- Entrant’s recovery in any such action is limited to actual costs involved in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any), with all rights to attorneys’ fees and special, compensatory, punitive or consequential damages expressly waived.
If the preceding or any other provision of these Official Rules is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be replaced by a substitute provision that most closely approximates the original intent of Sponsor and is valid, legal and enforceable. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of a given provision shall not affect the remainder of these Official Rules.
9. Winner’s List.
For a list of Sweepstakes winners, send an email to email@example.com and type “Steep & Cheap Sweepstakes Winners” in the subject line. The Winners list will be sent after selection and verification of winners. Any requests for a list of winners must be received by October 7, 2022.
9. Questions Regarding this Sweepstakes?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.