- Detail Images
Salomon's X-Max X12 Ski Plus XT12 TI Binding isn't for the faint of heart. This hard-charging front-side ski comes to the mountain with a stiff flex and power-first design that loves to arc high-speed turns down steep groomers and straightline moderate blues at cheek-flapping speeds. Salomon built this ski with all the necessary ingredients to make it stiff, responsive, and solid underfoot when you're really opening things up. The full-length Powerframe+ technology consists of two layers of titanium and a single layer of lightweight carbon, which give the ski a torsionally stiff feel that advanced skiers will love.
Since groomers are usually only perfectly smooth for those first few runs of the day, Salomon inserted a layer of rubber along the edges to dampen vibration when you're still blasting down the frontside after it's been chopped up. The sandwich construction with ABS sidewalls directs energy to the edges to enhance stability and power as you lay the skis on edge, and a generous dose of camber underfoot lets you carve these skis like they're on rails. All this talk of power and stiffness may deter the more casual skier, but the slightly raised tip and tail help give this otherwise aggressive ski a forgiving, easier-to-turn feel intermediate skiers will appreciate. And if that wasn't enough, Salomon added a lightweight honeycomb tip to reduce weight and increase float when skiing chopped crud and bumpy groomers.
- Fly down the frontside with this powerful carving ski
- Traditional camber underfoot for hard snow performance
- Slightly raised tip and tail eases turn initiation
- Sandwich construction with ABS sidewalls
- Full wood core gives a stiff flex
- Double titanium laminates with carbon enhances stiffness
- Honeycomb Koroyd Tip reduces weight and hovers over chop
- XT12 TI 12 DIN binding included