Synapse Snowboard Boot
If gnarly steeps, no-fall lines, and cliff drops call your name, make sure you answer back with the hard-charging response and sure-footed grip of the Salomon Synapse Snowboard Boot. The Synapse is a longtime favorite of aggressive riders, thanks to its stiff, supportive flex and Powerlock system that eliminates the hassle of traditional laces.
Salomon's Platinum liner provides a custom, foot-wrapping fit with its Custom Fit Pro foam, which conforms to the unique contours of your feet as you ride throughout the season. A reinforced backstay prevents premature wear when you're skinning uphill, while the Trek EC+ sole's design is modeled after hiking boots for ample grip in places where every step matters. This grippy sole one of those features that's easy to overlook until you're scrambling over a sketchy ridgeline or kicking steps into steep terrain where one slip could spell disaster.
- Aggressive freeride boot destined for glory in gnarly terrain
- Stiff flex adds unwavering support and response
- Powerlock lacing system eliminates fumbling with regular laces
- Platinum liner with multi-density foam to retain support longer
- Breathable mesh panels in liner for releasing heat and moisture
- Ortholite C3 footbed with dual-density memory foam
- Trek EC+ sole delivers aggressive traction
- Q & A
Will be returning
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
Just upgrading from a pair of 2012 Salomon synaspe. I gotta say, construction is not as good. They ditched the mid ankle heel hold down, fail. They ditched the nice comfy seam piping on the tongue with nothing. Now, the edges of the tongue are just some stiched together crap that rubs on the top sides of the foot. For this they be returned. They also weigh more than the 2012's by about half a pound. The locking mechanism on the shell is new but seems like the same old crap (the only reason I'm even buying new boots). The locking mechanism on the liner is solid, however, and a drastic improvement over the old. All in all, not impressed. They don't even fit like the old . Same length inside, but a lot more slop on the top of the foot and lots of heel lift. Bummer