- Detail Images
Free-roaming fun, from park to powder.
The Salomon Gypsy Grom Snowboard gives the smallest of riders a solid, snappy platform for sending jumps and jibbing in the park, as well as cruising across the entire mountain. It borrows much of its freestyle flavor and fun-riding sensibilities from the full-fledged Gypsy ridden by Salomon pro Desiree Melancon. It's a twin-shaped board that lends balance to younger riders learning to link turns on their first outing, only to rapidly progress to throwing backside fives and front boards in the park after a couple of seasons.
It's built off Salomon's Rock Out Camber, which is flat between the bindings for a highly predictable, stable feel when they're flat-basing off jumps and stomping landings. Cambered zones underneath the bindings lock into turns responsively and snap energetically off the lip of jumps. After the binding zones, the board transitions to rocker at the tip and tail for a bit more playfulness in the park, as well as greater float on those deep powder days.
The Gypsy Grom packs much of its technology from boards ridden by adults, including a full aspen core for a smooth, consistent flex with high levels of durability. Biax fiberglass keeps it torsionally soft, which is great for lightweight riders lacking the weight needed to throw around a hyper-responsive adult board. Bite Free edges prevent riders from unexpectedly catching an edge, only to painfully tumble down the hill. It's finished with an extruded base that glides quickly on the snow, but without the constant waxing required of its sintered counterparts.
- Inspires the next generation of freestyle riders
- Rock Out Camber for the response of camber, but with less catch
- Twin shape and softer flex inspire confidence for learning tricks
- Aspen Select core for a smooth flex with high levels of durability
- Biax fiberglass keeps it torsionally soft for smaller riders
- Bite Free edges prevent unexpected edge catches
- Extruded base glides quickly without regular waxing