- Detail Images
Say hello to soft ground.
With a bevvy of S-Lab options, you're probably wondering what the SG in the Salomon S-Lab Wings 8 SG Trail Running Shoe stands for, so we'll cut to the chase. The SG is short for Soft Ground, which means these hot tamales were designed specifically for running on soft and slick technical terrain. However, much like its siblings, this shoe features Salomon's Sensifit and Endofit construction, which consists of an internal fit sleeve that hugs your foot in all the right places as to encourage a seamless, hot-spot-free fit and feel.
Additionally, the S-Lab Wings 8 SG touts a Quicklace system and breathable, anti-debris mesh, which ultimately provides a comfortable climate for your foot and prevents the build-up of moisture in your socks. A protective toe cap safeguards your metatarsals from the ever-present trail obstacles, while the Profeel film doubles down on your trail-side protection. Perhaps most importantly, though, the two-piece midsole cultivates the right kind of softness underfoot for shock attenuation and energetic, return response so you're not left with sore feet and dead legs by the end of your run. The Descent control design offers ample grip and rip when running downhill, and the Contagrip outsole actually becomes more tacky when wet.
- A lightweight running shoe for technical soft ground
- SG specifically stands for soft ground
- Breathable mesh provides a comfortable climate
- Quicklace system assures a snug, secure fit
- Sensifit and Endofit prevent hot spots and pressure points
- Protective toe cap doubles down on protection
- Two-piece midsole attenuates shock and ensures flexibility
- Contagrip outsole becomes more tacky when wet