Stop-and-go is hot-and-cold.
There are moments during ski mountaineering and alpine climbing trips where your body stays warm from how fast you're moving, and then there are other moments when you get cold because you're stopping on the skin track. For the latter moments, pull the Salewa Men's Ortles Light Down Jacket out of your backpack to stay warm. Its 750-fill down insulation warms you up without weighing you down, and it packs small so you don't have to sacrifice too much space in your pack. Salewa built the shell out of Pertex Quantum fabric for reliable water-resistance and complete windproofing to block those brisk breezes.
- Light insulator for ski mountaineering and alpine climbing
- 750-fill down insulation is light, warm, an packable
- Pertex Quantum shell is water-resistant and windproof
- Articulated design ensures freedom of movement on the mountain
- Elastic-bound hem, cuffs, and helmet-compatible hood secure the fit
- Compression stow bag keeps compact in climbing packs