Radiates warmth, even when you're still.
The Salewa Men's Fanes Hooded Insulated Jacket traps body heat that would otherwise be lost to the chilly surrounding air with its heat-activated insulation. Some of the most advanced insulating fibers we've seen, Tirol Wool Celliant fibers combine the lofty warmth of wool with the heat-radiating properties of Celliant technology. Celliant technology embeds thermo-reactive minerals into each wool fiber, in turn converting radiant body heat into toasty-warmth, even when you're not moving. Ultimately, this means you'll stay pleasantly warm during static outdoor activities, such as belaying your partner at the crag or waiting for the next train while you're backpacking across Europe.
- Heat-radiating insulated jacket for chilly conditions
- Tirol Wool Celliant traps warmth without weighing you down
- Celliant technology radiates heat, even when you're static
- Lightweight nylon shell with moisture-shedding DWR finish
- Downproof nylon lining prevents loss of insulating fibers
- Elasticized hood deploys in blustery and cold weather
- Zippered hand pockets offer essential storage
- Q & A
Quality build, will update in time
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
So far I really like the fit and the way this jacket is made. The fit is right between Normal and Alpine, so you may layer another garment underneath it if necessary. Have not tested it out for comfort temps or to check out all the hype about Tirol Wool Celliant benefits.One little thing that might annoy lotrs of people is that jacket has only two hand warmer pockets. That's it, no chest or internal pockets. Seems strange as this in not a minimalist jacket and could benefit from extra pockets. Will update this review after wearing it and testing it.