Alpenrose Ultra Mid GTX Shoe
The Women's Alpenrose Ultra Mid GTX Shoe is a mid-cut boot for stomping all over the backcountry and pounding out miles of your favorite trail with leftover time to boot. The Alpenrose's rubber was made in collaboration with Michelin to provide a rugged, grooved sole that could handle uneven terrain and chew up miles of trail like a boss. The Gore-Tex lining/membrane allows you to confidently stomp through whatever puddle, creek, or mud that lies in your way, and at a whopping 11.6 oz/boot, the GTX is light enough that you just may have some gas left in the tank when you get back to the trail head.
- A lightweight boot for hiking and backpacking
- Gore-Tex membrane is waterproof and breathable for dry feet
- Mid-height provides ankle support, but isn't too heavy
- Michelin rubber outsole is tough and rugged for uneven terrain
- 3F system provides ankle support and for enhanced comfort
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I own another pair of Salewas (trail runners) and have owned and loved a couple other models, so was anxious to try these light weight hikers. I made the mistake of trying them out on a 3 day backpack. They have a zigzag seam down the back of the boot inside, which maybe contributed to the blister that formed...a large one! There is virtually no padding there. Also, the tongue joint, along with lace hooks at the ankle caused severe rubbing and pain. I had to keep top two lace hooks undone to avoid this. So, overall, they're useless. Complete waste. Won't wear them again.
What We Do Here: A Girl's Story
|US MEN||US WOMEN||EU||UK||CM|