When presentation is everything.
Sage's Mod Fly Rod isn't going to excel at throwing heavily weighted nymph rigs up river, and it isn't going to be great at punching articulated streamers through the wind on a cloudy day—it's a rod designed to do the kind of fishing that lured most of us to the fly fishing sect in the first place, and that's making delicate and precise presentations to selective trout on gin-clear rivers. The Mod is made with Sage's iconic Konnetic Technology to give the rod a modern, responsive feel, but its mid-loading feel puts it somewhere between the deep-loading Circa and the super-fast One, making it an exceptional rod for those times you're fishing trico spinners or casting green drakes to eager trout on freestone rivers.
Sage gave the Mod all the components you'd expect of a rod in this class, with a Super Plus cork handle and Sage's distinctive snub-nose shape. A Zebra wood insert gives the Mod the look and feel of a classic trout rod, while the durable up-locking aluminum reel seat will withstand the wear and tear of a full summer chasing some of the best hatches across Western rivers. The blank has a jade green color with yellow and green thread wraps that are accented with a black trim. The rod comes with a powder-coated aluminum rod tube and a black rod bag, and like all Sage rods, the Mod is handcrafted on Bainbridge Island, USA.
- A moderate-action fly rod ideal for casting dry flies
- Konnetic technology reduces wobbling while casting
- Super Plus cork handle with a snub-nose and half-wells shape
- Zebra wood insert with aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Hard chromed snake guides and Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Includes powder-coated aluminum rod tube
- Made on Bainbridge Island, USA