For weight-savvy terrain crushers.
You're a big believer in the mantra that every ounce counts, and you've got your hut-trip packing routine down to a science. Instead of sawing your toothbrush in half to cut weight, try Roxa's R3 130 T.I. I.R. Alpine Touring Boot. The lightest alpine ski boot in Roxa's collection, the R3 lets you cover some serious distance in the backcountry and enjoy the ride down, too.
The stiff 130 flex brings a hard-charging attitude to whatever terrain you approach, and the 99mm Bio Last has been pre-formed to relieve common pressure points. The three-piece Grilamid shell blends lightweight and durability, with a heat-moldable Intuition liner to keep your feet comfortable all day long—well, as comfortable as you can be while you're racing the sun on your long walk out.
- A lightweight touring boot for conquering backcountry terrain
- Stiff 130 flex for aggressive skiers
- 99mm Bio Fit last has pre-formed relief in common problem areas
- 3-piece Grilamid shell is light yet durable
- Intuition liner is heat-moldable so you can dial in a precise fit
- Grip Walk soles give you solid traction on the bootpack
- Q & A
Lightweight boot with Heavyweight punch
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Initially I wasn't sure about how these boots would perform , and purchased these as a lightweight touring option to compliment my traditional resort alpine boot. I'm a bigger guy (200 lbs) and like to ski on the more aggressive side and was drawn to the 130 flex. I have never been a fan of 3 piece boots and tend to find them numb and lacking power in fore-aft flex, but after my first day touring I was surprised how well these boots skied. These aren't a super-light uphill only boot, but they feel like feathers compare to other "stiff" ski focused touring boots. The 130 flex rating is true, this boot is stiff enough and inspires confidence to charge at speed through any conditions on the biggest and burliest of skis. After such a great experience in the backcountry I had to try them at the resort, and they blew me away again. They aren't the same as a traditional 2 piece boot, the exterior tongue still robs some power and feel, but the lateral support and overall stiffness are exceptional.
Fit: Tight low volume last provides a great feel and control (no slop!). The shell is shorter than a traditional resort boot, so try this boot on before buying.
Touring Performance: Comfortable Intuition liner is easy to fit at your local boot shop and provides warmth and comfort for all day adventures. Unbelievably lightweight considering how well it skis, but it's not going to compete with the mountaineering or uphill focused boots out there.
Ski Performance: Surprising is an understatement, this boot rips. My opinion is that a 2-piece boot will always outperform a 3 piece since your forward flex is transferred directly to the boot sole, and ski feedback is communicated to your shin and ankle. Even though the Roxa lacks some of the feel, this is the best 3 piece boot I've skied period.
ROXA R3 130 Best boot ever!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I love my Roxa R3 130 boots, I like to alpine ski 80% of the time and tour the other 20%, This boot is the perfect blend of both. The most important thing is that they fit my feet. The pre molded relief spots on my 6th toe area and ankle area made them great right out of the box. They are light the Grilamid plastic is stiff and responsive, the flex is great, I weigh 165 and love the progressive flex of the 3 piece shell. I would highly recommend these boots to any skier who likes to hit the in and out of bounds of the Rocky Mountains.