- Detail Images
Energetic freestyle across the mountain.
Realizing that many riders can only afford one deck at a time, the Rome Gang Plank Wide Snowboard was developed to seamlessly transition from fresh turns in the trees to spinning off kickers and laying clean presses in the park. This twin-shaped deck brings a poppy, playful feel to your freestyle riding, providing spring-loaded snap for sending the jump line while retaining just enough flex for learning tricks without consequence. This particular version is great for the bigger freestyle rider seeking a bit more stability underfoot, all without the pesky drag dragging down your turns.
Designed with Rome's FreePop Rocker, the Gang Plank is flat throughout the board's mid-section for the predictability and stable straight-line tracking you've come to love from flat boards. Just past the binding inserts, the board transitions to rocker towards the tip and tail for a more forgiving feel without hanging up on landings and turns. Rocker zones create a bit more float in the fresh stuff, preventing you from bogging down when your mountain gets covered in fluffy powder.
Boosting snap, the HotRods Bamboo Single Barrel is a single rod of bamboo milled directly into the core for explosive pop and increased energy transmission. Since it's placed vertically, the bamboo rod doesn't sacrifice torsional flex, allowing the board to snap enthusiastically without being overly stiff when you're playing around the park. Rome also placed Basalt Impact Plates directly under the binding zones for greater strength and stomping power.
- Energetic snap for park-to-peak freestyle
- FreePop Rocker is stable at speed and catch-free on landings
- Twin shape creates a well-balanced feel for freestyle riding
- Medium flex balances responsive turns with torsional play
- QuickRip sidecut adds two extra mid-board contacts for greater hold
- HotRods Bamboo Single Barrel amplifies pop for sending kickers
- Rebound sidewalls prevent blowouts with greater elasticity than ABS
- SinterTrue base readily absorbs wax for high-speed glide