RockShox RS-1 RL Solo Air 100 Fork w/ Remote - 27.5in - 2018
Select style & size:Select options
- Diffusion Black,1.5t, 15mm Predictive Steeringsale $856.42
The forefront of XC.
The RockShox RS-1 RL Solo Air 100 27.5in Fork w/Remote turns the traditional concept of an XC fork upside down with inverted stanchions that improve fore/aft stiffness while remaining properly lubricated throughout their lifetime. When RockShox first introduced the RS-1, it was purely intended for competitive XC use, despite many riders using it on their lightweight XC rigs for blistering jaunts in the hills and fast loops around the forest network. However, these same riders often ran higher pressures to prevent blowing through excess travel, making the RS-1 feel firmer over small bumps and trail imperfections.
Realizing these same riders desired the RS-1's lightweight efficiency and fore/aft stiffness, but with greater bump compliance and traction while running higher pressures, the RS-1 RL improves upon the original by adding a more sensitive Charger 2 damper. By replacing the previous version's Accelerator damper with the Charger 2 damper, the RS-1 RL becomes all the more trail-savvy—without the unrelenting firmness of a race-ready tune you'd expect from a competitive XC fork. That being said, it's still going to be on the XC end of the riding spectrum, due to its inverted 32-millimeter stanchions optimizing efficiency and steering precision over big-hit compliance.
Besides its Charger 2 damper unit overhaul, the RS-1 RL features a OneLoc remote that mounts to your handlebars for maintaining efficiency on uphill climbs and out-of-saddle sprints. This remote is compatible with RockShox Deluxe rear shocks, making it a great choice for XC riders seeking to lock out the front and rear simultaneously. Please note, the RS-1 RL is only compatible with SRAM's Predictive Steering hub with torque tube (sold separately), which bolsters extra stiffness over the front wheel to compensate for the fork's skinnier lowers. It does come with a 15-millimeter Maxle Ultimate for a more secure attachment interface.
- Lightweight, inverted XC fork with increased trail sensitivity
- Inverted stanchions stay oiled and bolster fore/aft stiffness
- 100mm travel is ideally suited for cross-country race bikes
- One-piece carbon fiber upper maintains stiffness, shaves weight
- Required SRAM Predictive Steering Hub with torque tube (separate)
- Charger 2 damper unit increases traction over small bumps
- 2-position Open/Loc settings with bar-mounted One Loc remote
- Comes with 15mm Maxle Ultimate axle with quick-release