AR41x Carbon Wheelset - Tubeless
Style & Size:
AR41x Carbon Wheelset
The 19mm internal width and 41mm depth of the rims on Reynolds' AR41x Carbon Wheelset makes the set ideal for everything from road racing to gravel grinding, though its lack of disc brakes recommend it more for the former. Of course, we've never been shy about taking our road bikes on rides that continue well after the buttery tarmac ends, and—since the ETRTO recommends rims with this width for tires ranging from 28mm (a nascent road standard) to the upper 40mm range—all you need is a bit of frame and caliper clearance and the rim brake AR41x will seat enough pneumatic suspension to see you across gravel, dirt roads, and even some singletrack if you've got the bike handling chops.
The 41mm depth drops drag for an aero advantage, yet it's profile isn't so crosswinds that it wants to wander in windy conditions—a feature that's especially appreciated when a less-than-ideal road surface is already trying to steer the bike for you. Reynolds refined the shape of the rim to increase stability across a variety of Yaw angles so crosswinds no longer blow you around like a sail, letting you confidently ride the wheels regardless of the conditions. The 19mm internal width may be 3mm narrower than the disc brake version, but the rims still safely seat tires up to 50mm, providing plenty of support for wider, lower pressure tubeless tires allowing you to enjoy the increased traction, lower rolling resistance, and more comfort.
- A wheelset for aggressive road and gravel riding
- Carbon fiber boosts stiffness and sheds grams
- Internal width ideal for tires from 28 - 50mm
- Aerodynamic profile engineered for stability in crosswinds
- Bladed spokes increase the aero gains
- Tubeless construction reduces PSI for cushion and traction
- In-house hubs CNC-machined for weight loss
- Ctg2 brake track reduces heat accumulation and risk of failure
- Item #REY003W