Exceptionally excellent for multi-day tours.
The Climb Pro S-Glide Climbing Skin features all of Pomoca's innovative features to keep it solid on multi-day tours. You can wake up in a freezing cabin, and while your backcountry buddy puts his frozen skins close to his chest to unfreeze them, you put the Climb Pro Skin on your skis like they've been next to a fire all night long. The mohair blend balances grip and glide so you don't slip on the steeps and you can still slide along ridges without much friction underfoot.
- Backcountry climbing skins designed for experienced ski touring
- Mohair blend balances between good grip and good glide
- Tip and tail attachments allow universal compatibility
- EverDry anti-glopping glue maintains a good stick
- SaferSkin waterproof membrane helps prevent freezing
- Q & A
Tried and true
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I've had several skins by pomoca (including Dynafit) over the years. I got a set of these last summer to pair with some volkl bmts. They work great. The only problem is the length. They come somewhat shorter than advertised. Otoh, they climb well even though there are several more inches showing base at the tail than I'm used to. Glide well, climb well and don't ice much and are fairly light. Can't ask for much more in a set of skins.