Quench your thirst from nature.
The Platypus MetaBottle with Microfilter combines a one-liter portable water bottle with a backcountry-ready filter that removes 99.9% of harmful bacteria and protozoa, including E.coli, Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Salmonella, and Cholera. The MetaBottle features a two-piece design for easy cleaning in the dishwasher, as well as a wide opening for fitting in ice cubes.
This filter and bottle combination is a practical solution for cleaning water from streams, lakes, and taps. Best of all, the system uses a shake-to-clean technique for rapid filtration of two liters per minute. It filters up to 1000 liters of water before requiring replacement. Please note, it won't filter out chemicals from polluted water sources, such as industrial contaminants.
- Drink safely from streams and natural water sources
- Filters out 99.9% of harmful bacteria and protozoa
- Shake-to-clean technique filters 2-liters per minute
- Filters 1000-liters of water before replacement
- MetaBottle is dishwasher-friendly (filter is not)
- Wide opening for fits ice cubes
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This is a great 2 in 1 filter bottle. I use it for traveling. It's perfect for everything from river water to motel tap water. The bottle is soft latex-like. not hard plastic. So it packs easily.
I liked the idea of this water bottle and in practice it seems to do its job. The material for the bottom half is a bit flimsy and odd to hold on to and it is a little hard to get water coming out the nozzle. It seems good but in the future I will probably do a different option