- Detail Images
If we were to pick two names to define the height of Italian cycling, it'd be Pinarello and Giordana. With the Tour Men's Bib Shorts, the two Mediterranean giants have combined forces, imbuing the race-kit know-how of the latter with the pedigree of the former. The Tour Bibs are a race-oriented model, imbued with all of the finishing and fit details of professional kit. Pinarello goes so far as to claim that they'll "have you riding like a pro." While we can't vouch for any watts-per-kilogram increase, these bottoms' top-level construction certainly won't hold you back.
The Tour's race-day secret lies in its fabrics and fit. This starts at your engine, with a heavyweight Lycra (that Pinarello styles Legend) wrapping the thighs in a compressive-yet-elastic cocoon that helps to reduce energy lost to stabilization so your watts are more purely dedicated to propulsion. The inner thigh and seat are reinforced with a high-stretch, anti-abrasion material to ensure free motion without flapping and lengthen the bibs' lifespan, and the upper panels are made from a more supportive, carbon-laced material to help your core stay fresh for the finishing sprint.
Upstairs, the lie-flat Lo Pro 0 bib straps will be familiar to any Giordana fans, as they're also featured on the brand's peerless FR-C bibs. The straps conspire with six generous centimeters of 190E leg bands in order to preserve fit and keep the Cirro OmniForm chamois—another common sight on the top shelf of Giordana's catalogue—in place.
- Racing bib shorts for the Italian connoisseur
- Compressive fabric supports muscles during long days
- High-contact areas feature abrasion-resistant material
- Waist laced with carbon threads to better support core
- Lie-flat bibs reduce ridges beneath aerodynamic jerseys
- Includes a chamois familiar from Giordana's top-shelf racing bibs
- Reflective details preserve safety on long, post-work training rides