- Detail Images
More than meets the eye.
You're not alone if you've noticed avalanche shovels have gradually become lighter, smaller, and, well, flimsier. Pieps took note and bucked the trend with its Shovel Pro+. Gram-counting skimo racers may want to look elsewhere, but any other backcountry traveler or snow professional who prefers a stout shovel to blast through avy debris and make short work of snow pits will find what they're looking for with the Pro+. The blade's sharpened edges are designed to cut through debris and concrete-like snow when every second counts. The T-handle has a rounded profile for a more comfortable in-hand feel and is designed in a way to avoid twisting while digging. The extendable shovel saves your back when you're digging multiple snow pits throughout the day, and it sheathes a high carbon steel snow saw that can be used to isolate columns or cut tree branches.
- Avalanche shovel for professionals and snow geeks
- Aluminum blade with special coating for durability
- Sharpened edges cut through hard avalanche debris
- T-handle with oval shape to avoid twisting when shoveling
- Quick-lock mechanism connects without pressing buttons
- Integrated snow saw cuts through snow and wood