The Pro BT is Pieps's highest level beacon, ideal for backcountry professionals and avid backcountry travelers who need full features and reliable performance. Its 3-antenna design ensures a more accurate, extensive search than 2-antenna beacons, and an impressive 60-meter range helps you get on the right track to your victim from a further distance. The Pro has a multiple burial function and flagging capabilities, meaning you can mark victims as you find them so your partner can begin probing while you locate the rest, and its Victim Selection scans the entire receiving range and indicates the closest three victims. If you get caught and buried in hangfire when your beacon is in receive mode, after it's still for a certain amount of time it'll switch back into send, enabling your signal to be picked up by your rescuers.
The Pro BT can run a self-check, which reviews all the relevant hardware and software elements to ensure the beacon is functioning optimally, and can also review the transmission parameters of your partner's device so you can make sure everyone's beacons are functioning properly before you head out for a day in the backcountry. It also has the capability to pick up the signal from Pieps's TX600 transmitter, which is designed for dogs and transmits outside of the standard frequency that human beacons use. Other high-level features include a digital inclinometer for measuring the slope angle, a scan function for an overview of all of the transmitting devices within the beacon's range, analog mode in case the buried victim has an analog beacon, and signal verification, which means the Pro will only indicate a 457kHz signal and won't get confused with a ghost signal.
- Fully featured beacon for backcountry professionals
- Three-antenna design provides an accurate, extensive signal
- Extensive self-check reviews hardware and software elements
- Multiple burial function displays all victims in range
- Digital inclinometer for measuring slope angle
- Antenna automatically switches to other antenna during interference
- Compatible with Pieps iProbe
- Automatically goes from search to transmit if beacon is still for a certain time