- Detail Images
Be sure to throw the Pieps C660 Shovel in your backpack before you venture into the backcountry. Essentially the multi-tool of avy shovels, this valuable backcountry tool comes equipped with an extendable shaft and hoe function so you can really move some snow when every second counts. The C-shaped handle accommodates those bulky mittens you usually wear when you're doing stability tests, and the sharpened edges make it easy to get a clean pit wall for identifying problematic weak layers. Most importantly, though, Pieps gave this shovel a bottle opener so you aren't stuck with an unopened bottle of brew back at the trailhead.
- Avalanche shovel for backcountry skiing and snowboarding
- Stout aluminum shaft and blade for moving heavy snow
- Hoe function for pulling snow downhill in rescue scenarios
- C-shaped handle accommodates bulky gloves and mittens
- Integrated bottle opener keeps your post-tour beverages flowing