Praise the pants.
From "approachy" objectives in the North Cascades to ice climbing in the San Juans, Patagonia's Triolet Men's Pants are do-it-all britches for all things alpine. Being the workhorse in Patagaonia's hardshell lineup, the Triolets are built from a burly three-layer Gore-Tex shell with fully taped seams and a water-shedding DWR finish. The stout double cuffs are reinforced along the inner legs to repel wear from ice, snow, crampon straps, and ski boot buckles.
The separating internal gaiter forms a water-tight seal around everything from ski boots to mountaineering boots and remains in place thanks to gripper elastic and tie-down loops. When brushy approaches through mountain hemlock and scrub oak brings warm temps and threatens to leave you with sweaty layers, open up the full-length side zips to let cool air through, or zip them up tight and stay dry behind their PU-coated design when high-elevation winds bring a cascade of spindrift down on your half way through your ascent.
- Hardshell pants for ice climbing, mountaineering, and ski touring
- Three-layer Gore-Tex shell is waterproof and breathable
- Fully taped seams and DWR finish ensure waterproof protection
- Side zips allow pants to be put on without taking boots off
- Double-cuff design with scuff guard resists tearing
- Articulated design with gusseted inseam added mobility