A versatile vest.
Designed specifically for the fast-paced pursuits of ski mountaineering, the Ortovox Men's Piz Boe Vest melds lightweight performance with walloping warmth, resulting in a versatile vest that 's bound to become a staple in your layering getup. The Piz Boe features a lightweight Pertex exterior that's wind and water resistant for protection against light precipitation and brisk winds, while the merino wool inserts not only wick away moisture and dry quickly, but are highly stretchy for unimpeded mobility. Additionally, the Swisswool insulation provides lofted, woolen warmth that easily regulates your body temperature, and the snug-fitting hood fits under or atop a helmet. Not to mention, the bevy of pockets are harness and pack friendly, and the slim fit of the Piz Boe enables you to layer atop it without compromising your mobility in exchange for being as warm as a blue whale.
- A lightweight, insulated vest for high-octane pursuits
- Pertex is water-and-wind-resistant for protection
- Stretch inserts wick away moisture and assure mobility
- Swisswool insulation offers lofted, quick-drying warmth
- Bevvy of pockets keep necessities close
- Snug-fitting hood can fit under or atop a helmet
- Slim fit enables a full range of motion
- Q & A
The raven black for the Ortovox piz boe vest, is the inner lining that bright of a blue or is it darker or almost grey? On other websites, the inner lining is greyer.
My go to piece
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Ortovoz simply makes some of the best mountaineering the outdoor clothing...period. This is one of my go to pieces. Whether as a layering piece over a base layer and under a shell or over a mid layer.
I simply love this piece. Two large zippers on the chest to regulate temp and a third zipper to stash your phone, lip balm, etc.