Despite the frequent visitation from pesky gnats and mosquitoes, spring is the perfect time of year to climb. However, that warm mountain breeze can bring in a devilishly chilled air. Which, is why the folks at Ortovox designed the Men's Light Melange Hooded Zip-Neck Fleece Pullover to assure subtle warmth and adaptive performance.
To achieve such a feat, the Melange features a blended fabric, consisting of polyester materials, merino wool, and a hint of elastane. The polyester fabric bolsters the Melange's durability, while the merino wool wicks away moisture, dries quickly, and prevents the build-up of odor. And, not to mention, the elastane provides just-enough stretch, so you're able to climb in comfort. Additionally, the fabric touts a two-sided design: the interior has a waffle-knit construction, and the exterior fabric is brushed for warmth and durability.
- A lightweight, spring staple for climbing
- Blended fabric wicks away moisture and provides warmth
- Exaggerated front zipper releases heat quickly
- Arm pocket keeps necessities secure
- Hood is under-the-helmet compatible