- Detail Images
Adapt to any environment.
We've all been there. Maybe you're exiting the dark depths of the forest for the sun-washed light of an alpine meadow on your mountain bike, or perhaps you're entering a gloomy tunnel from the bright outside world on your road bike. Either way, your sunglasses suddenly render you either blinded by excess light or darkened and unable to see clearly. Designed precisely for these scenarios with rapidly changing light, Optic Nerve developed the Variant PM Sunglasses with a photochromic lens that quickly adapts to varying light conditions on the road and trail—all without requiring you to swap out lenses.
Photochromic lens technology changes the lens between its two tints, offering the best visibility for both low light and blindingly bright scenarios. In low lighting, you'll find the rose tint allows additional incoming light through, so you can clearly see without a darker tint blocking your vision. However, once you get out into bright sunlight, the lens quickly adapts to a darker smoke tint, so you can see clearly without being blinded by excess light. It works in the opposite direction as well, meaning it reverts from its darker tint to the lighter tint when you're riding or running under dense foliage and manmade obstructions where the darker tint renders you unable to see.
Proposition 65 Warning for California Consumers: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Photochromic sunglasses adapt to changing light conditions
- Lens adjusts from lighter tint to darker tint (and vice versa)
- Photochromic lens technology takes 7 to 11 seconds to change tint
- Sculpted design provides a secure fit and distinctive aesthetic
- TR90 nylon frame is extremely tough and lightweight
- Tactile rubber arms and nose bridge for a secure fit
- 100% UVA/UVB protection on the sunniest of days
- Comes with both a soft and hard case