Kualono WP Boot
The word Kualono directly translates to ridge of a mountain in Hawaiian, which explains why Olukai named their hiking boot the Kualono WP Boot. This streetwear-inspired, mid-cut hiking boot is durable enough to wear on muddy trails and is stylish enough to wear to work on a rainy day. Refined leather upper is backed with a waterproof membrane, gasket, and is seam-sealed to give you reliable waterproof protection. The boot's footbed is slightly wider than a standard width to give you generous, non-restrictive comfort, and is lined with a polyurethane gel insert for exceptional cushioning. The non-marking, wet-grip rubber sole is made with a directional lug design to give you confident traction on wet boat decks, through mud-filled puddles, and crossing mossy rocks.
- A comfortable hiking boot made for teetering on ridge lines
- Leather upper provides a durable construction on streets or trails
- Waterproof membrane keeps you protected in wet climates
- Polyurethane gel footbed gives exceptional comfort and support
- Rubber sole specifically designed for traction on wet surfaces
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 10.5
Really great shoe for arch support and great traction for icy conditions! The biggest drawback is that they do scuff fairly easy! Super warm and comfortable for cold days!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
Scuffs super easily and is not comfortable for low or flat arches. It seems to be decent quality for what it is, but I'm a little disappointed with how bad these scuffed, as they looked really nice off the bat. As for sizing, they run a little big so I'd size down a half size. The arch goes all the way across and my feet hurt by the end of the day.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: 8.0
Comfort right out of the box. Some folks with wider feet might have issues with the footbed as the sides wrap around the foot quite snugly. Not to be paired with thick socks. Nevertheless, I am sold on this Olukai.