The kayak that works for you.
Stable like a steamship, wide like a whale, and streamlined like a sailboat, the Old Town Vapor 12XT Kayak is built to make short work of a day on the lake, river, or ocean, regardless of whether you're a first-timer or salty old vet. If you're island hopping, the Vapor is exceptionally easy to get in and out of, and it has a stern storage hatch to keep a day's worth of gear safe and dry. On days when you have a serious destination and spend a lot of time digging deep, you'll appreciate the heavily padded Comfort Flex seat and adjustable Support Track foot brace system. Of course, no matter what you're doing, the molded cup holder is a serious bonus, as are the molded paddle rest and cockpit tray, letting you put down your paddle, sip a beverage, and eat some snacks as you watch the sun set over the bay.
- Roomy and stable, this kayak handles all types of water with ease
- Adjustable Comfort Flex seat with back padding ensures comfort
- Adjustable foot brace boosts stability and control
- Molded cockpit tray, cupholder, and paddle rest add luxury
- Click-Seal stern hatch has plenty of room for your gear
- Thigh brace makes for precise control and efficient movement
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I have owned Old Town canoes and kayaks for many years. I have never been let down by the quality or durability. I used this kayak for the first time on a lake for most of a day bass fishing. It is vary comfortable and spacious. I am 6'2" and about 250lbs. This kayak is probably not for a short person. I really enjoyed the way it tracks and turns. I am certain I will get many years out of this one as well. I can't wait to get it on the river. Thanks Old Town!!!