Don't let cold water stop your session.
If you live to surf, but can't seem to stomach the frigid waters of spring runoff or your frosty wintertime break, pick up O'Neill's Psycho 3mm Hood and keep your wave-catching exploits a four-season activity. Featuring a plush-on-skin TechnoButter interior, the Psycho is comfy on the inside, but sturdy and wind-resistant on the outside. The 3mm neoprene is good to go into the mid 60s, and will help you avoid a debilitating brain freeze headache just as the big stuff starts rolling in. Plus, the visor keeps the sun out of your eyes and the water off your face, so you can focus on better things, like catching your next wave.
- A neoprene hood for surfing cold waters
- TechnoButter interior is soft on skin
- Cuts wind and lessens atmospheric chill
- Glued and blind-stitched seams reduce chafe
- Visor blocks sun, keeps water out of face
- Cinch cord adjustable for snug, secure fit
- Q & A
High quality 3mm hood for whitewater kay
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
I was looking for a 3mm hood for whitewater kayaking in western Virginia though the winter and spring. I purchased this one for my 12 year old son from Backcountry.com because it was O'Neill quality and I know it is built to endure seasons of hard thrashing. With this and good earplugs I feel confident that I won't have to worry about him developing surfer's ear (exostosis) from the cold water exposure. I'll post back this spring and let you know how he likes it. Out of the box it looks very well made.