- Detail Images
Your head will thank you.
The Whitewater Research and Safety Institute was founded by the parents of a young kayaker who died paddling the North Fork of Idaho’s Payette River. After their son's passing, the couple founded the Institute with the mission of providing other paddlers with better gear and knowledge for their own whitewater adventures.
The Institute's Current helmet carries on the legacy, performing at an extremely high safety standard in some of the rowdiest water on the planet. Featuring a 3-layer design, the Current's ABS shell combines with an EVA foam liner and a polyurethane sub shell to effectively dissipate impacts. And the helmet uses an interconnect retention system to maintain tightness and fit—even when getting put through the washing machine.
- An elite whitewater helmet for kayaking and rafting
- Three-layer construction minimizes impact severity
- Interconnect Retention System counteracts hydraulic violence
- O-Brace harness conforms to back of head for perfect fit
- Removable liner for drying and washing
- An elite helmet without the elite price tag
- Q & A
Beat The Current
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I purchased this helmet in the white s/m, my head circumference is about 21 cm and this helmet fit perfectly. Your head is your best weapon so be sure to protect it, this is a great helmet for people starting out in white water and a great price.