Norrøna's most durable ski gloves.
The Norrøna Røldal Dri Insulated Short Leather Glove ensures your hand stays in a blissful, warm state while you ski nonstop top-to-bottom runs, catch an outdoor hockey game, or snowshoe. Its waterproof breathable Dri1 insert protects your hand from the wet, snowy elements, while the PrimaLoft insulation provides exceptional warmth. Leather stretch around the knuckles allows for a firm grip around your ski poles and enables you to form the perfect snowball.
- Waterproof breathable 20K-rated Dri1 insert shields your hands from wet snow
- Ultralight Dri1 insert (2.5-layered fabric) uses a hydrophilic system of moisture transportation which makes the glove suitable for high-energy activities
- Flex1 fabric offers wind and water resistance and allows for superb moisture vapor transportation
- Goatskin leather palm remains durable throughout years of skiing, winter camping, or touring
- Leather stretch fabric around the knuckles helps you get a firm ski-pole grip
- PrimaLoft Sport insulation supplies solid thermal insulation to your hands and helps minimize energy loss while keeping a low profile
- PrimaLoft also absorbs three times less water, is 14% warmer when dry, and 24% warmer when wet (compared to similar competitive insulation)
- Flex1 and hook-and-loop tightening at the wrist offer a just-right, secure fit
- Q & A
love the glove, hate the velcro system
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
these gloves are exactly what i wanted. but i gotta say, the velcro system is a joke. i was really disappointed. they went with the wide base which looks and feels great, but there's just not enough velcro to hold the glove as secure(as i prefer) on my wrist. they could learn a thing or two from hestra, well actually, just one thing.... a wrist band. what i love about these gloves is the pre formed natural curve of the fingers, and the soft yet strong leather which makes foe great dexterity. for me, it's ruined a bit by the glove slipping off a little because the wrist band doesn't hold like it should.
Great concept durability questions
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I should start by saying I have these in the brown. Out of the package these gloves are very lite and cozy around the hand. The Primaloft at 200g generates a lot of warmth for cooler temps, however this is not going to be your -0 glove. I have used this as my resort glove and have about 40 days in them so far and when the temp drops below 10, I start considering other gloves I have. I also like the aesthetics of the glove. The leather is a deep rich color. The gloves flex beautifully and articulate with the hand. There is 2 ribs on the knuckles which allow for a smoother flex. The dri 1 liner breathes great and definitely decreases moisture that may build up on some other leathers out there. It is real goat leather, however the coating they are referring to is already flaking off of the palm of the hand exposing the leather. Out of the package the goat leather has a plastic feel to it (it is pretty slippery for holding poles until broke in) and is extremely thin. It will definitely start to deteriorate by end of season. I am not sure what the best way is to preserve the leather on these since there is a coating on them (which is not silicone). The gloves come with an elastic leash which is probably my favorite feature, really nice for taking your gloves off on the lift and not worrying about dropping them. The nose wipe is very soft and works as advertised. Overall these gloves work and will get the job done, but when you spend a buck 20 you hope to have them for a few seasons for the consumer conscious buyer.
Pros: Aesthetics, Primoloft ins, Dri 1 liner, Leash, nose wipe. Flexion
Cons: Durability, thin leather, slippery palm, cold rating, Price tag for this product
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Used these touring in -25c coldness in Siberia, were great as long as I was moving didn't feel the cold at all, if I had to stop for more than 15 mins some polypro inners went on. When it warmed up didn't get a sweat on so they breathed good too, so far looking pretty durable, very happy camper.
Norrona Product Shot
Another shot of the glove taken from the Norrona website.
Norrona Product Shot
Here's a better shot of this glove from the Norrona website.
Do these have the wrist leashes that other...
Do these have the wrist leashes that other norrona gloves have?
Norrona Roldal Dri Insulated Short Leather Glove comes with both a velcro wrist closure and wrist leashes. The leashes can best be viewed on Norrona's site here:
The leash is an elastic leash, that keeps out of your ways.