Better than Bourbon.
A quick nip off the flask may heat your innards for a second, but the Norrona Men's Lyngen Alpha100 Vest delivers warmth that lasts all day. The secret you ask? Polartec Alpha insulation, which is water-resistant, air permeable, and lightweight so you can stuff the vest in your touring pack or layer it under a shell during an especially cold storm day. Maintaining a minimalist design, the layout of the Lyngen consists of just two hand pockets and a low-profile hood that is also adjustable when you need some added warmth around your ears.
- An insulating layer ideal for ski touring and hiking
- Polartec Alpha insulation is lightweight and breathable
- Fixed hood cinches tightly around the head and ears
- Classic fit layers over baselayers and under shells
- Norway has been producing specialized outdoor clothes since 1929
- Q & A
Super versatile vest with style and tech
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
The Norrona Lyngen Alpha100 Hooded Vest is one of my go-to pieces for virtually anything - I wear it skiing, mountain biking, hiking and around the office. Designed as a super-functional insulated layer or wind-breaking outer layer to keep your core warm, the Alpha insulation breathes very well, and wicks sweat with ease. In addition to looking cool, the hood is functional and handy - it's great at the top of the skin track or after a ride - it keeps your head warm while wicking the sweat/moisture away.
When I get tired of my orange version from last year, I'll come back for another.
Fit is true to size - I am 6'2" 185 and large fits me perfectly.